A series of four half-hour shows that feature people across the age-span who speak their true life stories about the journey of mental illness: their challenges, turning points and the recovery which is achievable with the help of family, friends and collaborative partnerships of mental health professionals.
Funding has been made possible by a grant provided by the
CT Dept of Mental Health and Addiction Services and through funds provided through the CT Mental Health Transformation Initiative.
To order DVDs
of the videos:
Mental Health Board, Inc.
One Park Street
Norwalk, CT 06851
Mail-in Order Form (pdf)
• Mental illness is common: One in four Americans will experience a mental illness in any given year.
• Children can have mental illness: In any given year, 5-9% of children have a mental illness.
• Mental disorders are real, treatable health disorders yet most Americans wait years before seeking help and many don’t seek treatment at all.
Good news: Recovery is possible!
• With effective medication, treatment and support from family, friends and community, between 70-90% of persons with a serious mental illness recover
• A much higher rate than recovery from heart disease at 45-50%.